- Best utilized in narrow rooms.
- Suitable for one or two people to use at one.
- Suitable for small family stay at apartment or condominium.
- Versatile layout with cupboard along two adjacent walls.
- Work well with sitting area that is integrated into the same room and overcomes any shortage of wall space.
- Idea for a family and entertaining guest.
- Utilizes three full walls for maximum storage and work space.
- Suitable for both large and small rooms
- Suitable for condominium and terrace house.
Kitchen Cabinets, counters and appliances are all arranged along three walls in a U-shaped kitchen design layout. The greatest benefits to this plan are the easy traffic flow. A U-shaped kitchen design layout it is possible to keep traffic that’s passing through the kitchen from encroaching on the cook’s work space, an important asset in a busy household. A U-shaped kitchen design layout incorporates a logical sequence of work center with minimum distances between each. The sink is often located at the base of the U, with the refrigerator and range on the side walls opposite each other. The U shape takes a lot of space – at least 8 feet along the length and width of the kitchen. The U-shaped kitchen design layout is ideal for two cooks, the work areas may have to overlap somewhat in a smaller layout-meaning two cooks may have to share one leg of the triangle – but it can be done.
Galley Kitchen Design
- Comprises counters on both sides of the room with 1.2m width corridor down the middle.
- This set-up saves steps and makes sense where food preparation comes before entertaining.
- First choice of many top chefs.
The galley kitchen design or parallel kitchen design or also known as the corridor style, this compact layout locates the appliances, sink and cabinets on two parallel walls to create a small pass-through kitchen. It is easy to configure an efficient work triangle in this kitchen design layout, but this layout really caters to one cook. Parallel kitchen design is mainly the product of necessity. Small apartments often feature these kitchens to free up living space in other rooms. Allow a 48-inch wide aisle after all fixtures are in place so that cabinet and appliance doors can be opened easily while someone walk through. If possible, avoid situating the major appliances directly opposite one another. This would cause cramming in the event that two people wanted to use two things at the same time. Storage is a real challenge in this compact layout. The solution is to install tall kitchen cabinets that extend to the ceiling.
Single Line Kitchen Design with an Island
- Suitable for large rooms with lot of available floor space.
- Easier for several people to work together at the sometime.